Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 15, 2011

12 Weeks, 3 Days

Baby A
12 weeks, 3 days
Heart rate 161
10cm

 Sucking his/her thumb


Not a great pic, but the only other decent one we were able to get.

Monday, December 12, marked 12 weeks in my pregnancy! I can't believe it's already been 3 months! I had my 12 week appointment today. Let's just say that Baby A seems to be a little lazy. It never fails, at every ultrasound, Baby A just lays there. The ultrasound tech had to bounce the probe around on my belly in order to get some decent shots. From what we saw today, it looks like Baby A is already a thumb sucker! He/she did some rolling around for us, waved, sucked his/her thumb and moved his/her mouth around a bit. I can't believe that Baby A is only 2 inches.

I was hoping we'd get some great shots of Baby A today, since it will be 8 weeks before we see him/her again! I am really sad we have to wait that long. I have been spoiled the first 12 weeks by being able to see Baby A three times. I have a 16 week appointment January 12 so it looks like we will find out the sex of Baby A the week of my 28th birthday! I can't think of a better birthday gift!  I don't want to wish my pregnancy away but I am so ready to know if we are having a boy or girl so I can start decorating the nursery!

My gut instinct on our first ultrasound was that Baby A was a boy but now I am not so sure. The more we go to the doctor and see the ultrasound and heart rate, the more I think we might be having a girl! As I've mentioned before, as long as Baby A is healthy, we are happy!  My sister finds out the sex of her baby on Monday, so that will be exciting!

Baby A's progress this week:

The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Baby A's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, Baby A will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in Baby A's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, Baby A is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

"The Bump"
Week 12





Baby A didn't grow a whole lot over the last 2 weeks. I've gained 1.8 pounds so far, even though I feel like I'm bigger. I think the weight just redistributes to different places. As you can see in the pics, I am starting to get a little bump!

Here is what I have to look forward to...


Josh and I were in Nashville this past weekend and decided to do some shopping. We went to a Pea in the Pod and they had this "bump" I put on to try on maternity jeans. It felt strange but also kind of neat to think my belly will be this big. The more I moved around and bent down, the more it got in my way! So for now, I guess I should enjoy the small bump while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment