Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

11 Weeks

10 Weeks, 2 Days
Heart rate 167
10 cm


Baby A is growing...This past week I had another Dr. appointment. At first, Dr. Moffatt could not doppler the heart beat. Josh was worried, but I knew that I just heard Baby A's heartbeat a couple days before. We were able to get another ultrasound and Baby A was just laying there on his/her back. Not much movement going on in there but a really strong heartbeat! We finally found a position where we could see a profile shot of Baby A. In 3 weeks, baby A has grown 4.6cm. I have a feeling we are going to have a big baby!

I go back to the dcotor next week, for my 12 week appointment, and that will be the last ultrasound until we find out if Baby A is a boy or girl! I think we will find out the week of my birthday which will be the perfect birthday gift! I still think it's a little boy but a lot of people I work with are convinced Baby A is a girl. It's still hard to believe we're having a baby but my expanding waistline reminds me that there is a little one in there.

I haven't really had any particular cravings other than wanting to eat everything in sight.  I've been pretty bad lately but I told Josh I have to stop. I had Jimmy John's 3 times last week. : ) It sure was yummy!  If Baby A is anything like Josh and me, he/she will come out with a big appetite!

Let's check out Baby A's progress:

Baby A is just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. His/her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under his/her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.
Baby A is already busy kicking and stretching, and his/her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that his/her diaphragm is forming.

I'm starting to get some of my energy back but I still find myself taking advantage of extra sleep! I know those days will soon be coming to an end! Until that time comes, I will enjoy the rest while I can! I know the lack of sleep will be worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment